Last month Nissan South Africa announced a new update for the current Nissan X-Trail range with the launch of the Nissan Connect infotainment system to enhance the already present Nissan Intelligent Mobility.
This new system is designed to reduce distractions while enhancing convenience by integrating multiple ways to stay in touch while using a single dash-mounted system.
“The Nissan X-Trail is one of the world’s bestselling SUV’s, a key vehicle in the Nissan family and a favourite among South African customers. We are constantly creating technology that amps up adventure and elevates the driving experience of our customers with ease and convenience. The Nissan Connect is a system that will provide drivers with an enhanced in-vehicle digital experience and enhanced connectivity. We are excited that these upgrades are now available to the South African market,” said Stefan Haasbroek, Nissan South Africa Marketing Director.
The design of the system allows users to connect their smartphone to the touch screen display through either Apple CarPlay or Android Auto. To reduce distraction, one can interact with this system from the steering wheel.
In addition to the Nissan Connect system the X-Trail, the Acenta and Tekna models are now available with the following key enhancements:
- LED headlights
- Reverse camera
- Push start button
- Keyless entry with sensor-controlled power tailgate
Nissan Intelligent Mobility (NIM)
Featured on Tekna models Nissan Intelligent Mobility brings a host of incredible features to the X-Trail:
- Intelligent Blind Spot Intervention – alerts the driver to the presence of vehicles in blind spots diagonally behind the car.
- Intelligent Lane Intervention – alerts the driver when it detects that the X-Trail is straying from its lane.
- Intelligent Cross-Traffic Alert – when backing out of a parking space, this feature can detect and warn the driver of vehicles that are approaching behind the X-Trail.
- Intelligent Emergency Braking – uses radar technology to keep an eye on your speed and proximity to the vehicle in front of you and will alert the driver before engaging the brakes.
- Intelligent Forward Collision Warning – helps alert drivers of an impending collision with a slower-moving or stationary car.
- Intelligent Auto Headlights – automatically changes between high and low beams when it detects oncoming vehicles at night.
- Intelligent Around View Monitor with Moving Object Detection – a support technology that assists drivers to park more easily by providing a better understanding of the vehicle’s surroundings, giving the driver a 360 bird’s eye view.
The updated Nissan X-Trail is available from March 2021 and includes a 3yr/90,000 km Service Plan and 6yr/150,000km warranty, speak to your salesperson for more information or to book a test drive.